DOHA: Culture & astonishing museums
When Heritage meets Future and Wealth
- Our museums and gallery spaces are at the center of Doha’s thriving cultural landscape. From traditional Islamic craft and historical objects to modern and contemporary art, our diverse network has a vast amount to offer.
Museum of Islamic Arts, Qatar National Museum, Modern Art Museum, Souk Waqif Museums, Sheikh Faisal Bin Qassim Museum, 321 Olympic Museum are the most famous & spectacular ones.
- A destination for MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences & Events)
QNCC: Qatar National Convention Center (We are not just a venue; we’re an experience that everyone seeks to be part of), DECC: Doha Exhibition & Convention Center, Qatar National Library, Qatar World Cup state of the art stadiums
DID YOU KNOW ?
- Qatar is one of the richest countries in the world!
- In 1850, the city of Al-Bida’a was born on the site of the small fishing port
- In 1868, Al-Bida’a became Doha the capital of the state of Qatar founded by Sheikh Jassim Bin Mohammed Al Thani
- Doha, located on the north coast of the country, near the mouth of the Pearl River, is a small colony on the edge of an oasis …
- MIA (Museum of Islamic Art)
showcases 14 centuries of Islamic art and artefacts from around the world.
On a purpose-built island abutting the Corniche, Doha’s waterfront promenade, the building itself is an architectural wonder designed by Pritzker Prize winning architect I.M. Pei. The museum contains four floors of permanent and temporary exhibitions,
It is also home to a heritage library, with a collection of 21,000 books including 2000 rare editions in both Arabic and English.