The QATARI LIFESTYLE
- Katara cultural village (Katara houses numerous halls and galleries that host various conferences, seminars, symposiums and exhibitions. Opera House, or the Amphitheater, (The Gem of the cultural village)
- Art installations around Qatar and explore public artworks across Qatar using this interactive map, which our curators update on a regular basis as new artworks are installed. Check the map on the same above page for more info
- Our historic settlements, towers and forts offer visitors a unique opportunity to learn about Qatar’s rich culture and heritage. Al Zubarah Archaeological site (a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2013); Barzan Towers, (Built in the early 1900s, the Barzan Towers were used to monitor the arable land and wells in their surrounding area), Al Ruwais Mosque and Other archeological sites are available through the country like the Old Palace, the Zekret or Al Rekayat Fort, etc…
- French Inspired shopping malls, as Place Vendome or as Al Hazm Mall, along with Galerie La Fayette (Philosophy: Turning every visit into a unique shopping event) & Printemps Doha are must to go.
- Souk Waqif is made for you if you are looking for a wonderful place to shop, to dine, to explore or simply sitting at one of the many attractive outdoor cafes to watch the world pass by, look nowhere but Souq Waqif in Doha.)
DID YOU KNOW ?
- Since their incredible growth thanks mostly to the gigantic gas field of the world, the people have raised their way of life drastically, but never forget about their original traditions & former way of life.
- Souq Waqif
At the old market site, where many years ago the Bedouins exchanged the wool of their animals for essential products, the few authentic Qatari buildings have been rebuilt with respect of the traditions. Imagine: Let’s have a walk through the alleys that recall those of the Medina of Damascus, at a street corner, an old building superbly restored, you are now in Sanaa in Yemen, or the smell of spices rocks you in the souk of Khan Khalili in Cairo, the perfumes of the Oud and the discovery of the falcons make you dream of the journeys of yesteryear … When the water penetrated up to the entrance of the souk, and the when merchants used to arrive and left in authentic dhows.
- Katara cultural village:
Quartier au bord du golfe avec amphithéâtre, musée, centre de congrès, boutiques, restaurants et plage. Nouvelle ville dans la ville, une merveille